PLAINVILLE, Conn. — Feb. 21, 2012 — GE Energy’s (NYSE: GE) Industrial Solutions business has received the prestigious 2011 North America Supplier of the Year award from Gexpro, a part of Rexel Holdings, U.S.A. The award, one of four presented, was announced recently at the Gexpro Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Ariz.
“GE Energy’s Industrial Solutions business was clearly focused on innovation, marketing, services and solutions with Gexpro,” said Scott King, vice president of sourcing and inventory for Gexpro. “They successfully drove engagement and leadership that netted revenue growth for all five Gexpro divisions.”
Many factors and metrics determine which Gexpro vendor receives the Supplier of the Year award. Industrial Solutions excelled in the following areas:
- Dedicated resource investments focused on Gexpro growth of Industrial Solutions products.
- More than 10 percent revenue growth versus 2010 results.
- Deeper collaboration across every Gexpro division with a strong focus on sales growth, operations improvements and trade area strategies.
- Improved field sales leadership engagement from GE regional sales leaders, sales directors and account managers across all five Gexpro divisions.
- Highly effective sales and marketing programs created specifically for Gexpro.
- Relationship builders, training resources and marketing tools: the Gexpro-dedicated GE Connections quarterly newsletter and The GE Source, a section of GE-exclusive pages within Gexpro’s quarterly intranet.
- GE’s overall tenacity for higher engagement and performance with Gexpro across all functions.
“Gexpro is a foundation distributor with GE Energy, and our mutual success depends on working together to solve challenges and deliver results for both teams as we have done for more than a century,” said Gary Arnott, North America sales executive for Industrial Solutions. “GE has resources, marketing and sales dedicated to help Gexpro be more successful and drive growth. Together, we are able to provide solutions to jointly meet our customers’ many challenges and help them save money.”
Gexpro, headquartered in Shelton, Conn., and a part of Rexel Holdings, U.S.A., serves the construction, commercial, industrial and original equipment manufacturer markets with more than 2,500 professionals in more than 150 locations around the globe. Gexpro’s Answer-Based Sourcing and Active 8 Energy Solutions bundle the electrical supplies its customers need with services and solutions to add value, improve performance and save money on every project. By combining productivity tools, large local inventories and dedicated specialists, Gexpro leads the industry in delivering on customer needs and building on competitive advantages for its customers.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com/energy.
GE also serves the energy sector by providing technology and service solutions that are based on a commitment to quality and innovation. The company continues to invest in new technology solutions and grow through strategic acquisitions to strengthen its local presence and better serve customers around the world. The businesses that comprise GE Energy—GE Power & Water, GE Energy Management and GE Oil & Gas—work together with more than 100,000 global employees and 2010 revenues of $38 billion, to provide integrated product and service solutions in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy; renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and biogas; as well as other alternative fuels and new grid modernization technologies to meet 21st century energy needs.
Follow GE Energy on Twitter @GE_Energy.